Dieting and getting ready for Competition
Competition dieting is rather an individual matter as far as success goes.
Generally, if one is in a calorie deficit, while maintaining a very high
protein content and taking anabolics, that person will lose minimal muscle if
any at all while losing a great deal of bodyfat.
Add to that combo fat burning aids, and one can achieve stage shape very
Below is a standard formula that I used successfully on many people. It is
designed to make one in competition shape in extreme time. The biggest change
so far has been one person that went from 21% to 4% bodyfat in the 9 weeks of
DIET - Weeks 9 & 8
06.00 am training
08.00 am 12 egg whites, 1 apple, protein shake
10.00 am 100g rice, 1 apple, protein shake
12.00 pm red meat, salad (tomato, lettuce, cucumber), protein shake with 10g
flax seed oil
2.00 pm 100g bread, 1 apple, protein shake
4.00 pm tuna or chicken or fish, protein shake
6.00 pm 100g Maltodextrin, 1 apple
6.30 pm pm training
8.30 pm chicken or turkey or fish, salad, protein shake
9.30 pm run (20 - 30) minutes
This diet is to be followed Monday to Saturday. On Sunday, as many carbs as
desired are allowed.
Training is performed Mon to Sat with Sun off. Running is performed every
This diet is the diet for the weeks 9 and 8, competition being at end of week
1. The times on the diet are
as an example and they should be modified to suit ones needs.
However, DO NOT miss meals and DO NOT swap them around!!!
The aim here is to only have the amount of carbs outlined on the diet. Fat is
Protein is at maximum. On this diet, you should never feel hungry. If you do,
eat more protein.
After 2 weeks of this diet, you will drop the Maltodextrin carb meal. Two
weeks later, you will drop
the bread carb meal. Two weeks after that, you will drop the rice meal. That
will leave you 2 weeks on
virtually no carbs. Don't worry, by then, the body is used to using fat for
energy, so you won't have any
problems. The hardest days will be the first week of your diet, until you will
get used to using fat for energy.
When you drop a carb meal, replace it with a protein meal.
On the weekends, you can have as many carbs as you wish, but they have to be
CLEAN carbs, so no McDonalds!
The last week, will be a full on carb week while you adjust your water levels.
I will detail that in another article.
AM TRAINING Biceps, Triceps
* Bicep curl (barbell). - 2 x superset 10/15
* Preacher curl (mach.) - 2 x superset 10/15
* Rope pushdowns - 2 x superset 10/15
* Dips b/w benches - 2 x superset 10/15
PM TRAINING Chest
* Incline press - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Flat flyes - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Cable crossovers - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)
AM TRAINING Back
* Lat pulldowns - 2 x superset 8/12
* Bent-over rows - 2 x superset 8/12
* Shrugs - 2 x superset 8/12
PM TRAINING Shoulders
* Military press - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Dumbell press Press - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Rear delt machine - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)
AM TRAINING Hams, Calves
* Lying leg curl - 2 supersets - 10/15
* Stiff legged deadlift - 2 supersets - 10/15
* Standing calf raise - 2 supersets - 8/10
PM TRAINING Quads
* Squats - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Leg press - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Leg extension - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)
AM TRAINING Chest
* Incline press - 2 supersets - 8/10
* Flat flyes - 2 supersets - 8/10
PM TRAINING Biceps, Triceps
* Dumbell curl - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Concentration curl - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Preacher curl (mach.) - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)
* Rope pushdown - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Lying extension - 8 ,6 ,6 (1min rest)
* Dips b/w benches - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)
AM TRAINING Shoulders
* Front raises - 2 supersets - 8/10
* Lateral raises - 2 supersets - 8/10
* Rear raises - 2 supersets - 8/10
PM TRAINING Back
* Lat pull downs - 10, 8, 6, 10 (2 min rest)
* Bent-over rows - 8, 6, 6 (1 min rest)
* Shrugs - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)
AM TRAINING Quads
* Squats - 2 x superset 10/12
* Leg press - 2 x superset 10/15
* Leg extension - 2 x superset 10/15
PM TRAINING Hamstrings, Calves
* Lying leg curl - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Stiff leg deadlift - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Seated leg curl - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)
*Standing calf raises - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
*Leg press calf raises - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
Abs are performed every workout. All days begin at 06.00 am.
This is the training set-up:
Bis, Tris Back Hams, Calves Chest Shoulders Quads Rest
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Chest Shoulders Quads Bis, Tris Back Hams, Calves Rest
This is a very intense program. It's designed to give maximum fat loss in
minimal time with no muscle loss.
It is VERY time consuming, but it's guaranteed to work and it's only for 9
Use normal bulking gear until 4 weeks out (test, a-50, d-bol, deca, etc).
4 weeks out switch the test to test propionate or suspension. Drop the
Deca/EQ, etc. Add primobolan, tren, winny, etc.
One week out, only use tren, MASTERON, suspension, primo tabs, Winny.
Use GH throughout - as much as you can afford. No
Use Arimidex or Nolvadex every day as desired. To keep your testes at a normal
size, either use HCG every 4th week (2,000IU on Mon, Wed, Fri) or 50mg EOD of
Clomid throughout the whole thing. Don't use these for the last 4 weeks before
the show though.
Use a good ECA product twice a day, every day.
Use Clenbuterol at 80mcg/day for the first week.
Increase it to 160mcg/d for the second week.
The third week you add 25mcg/d T3. You add another 25mcg/d every week
following that, until you reach 150mcg/d.
You stay on that until the end of the diet. You stay on Clenbuterol
throughout as well. Yes, you will be racing! But you will not loose any
muscle, so do not worry about that (as long as you take your protein in).
Last week do your diuretics program.
This program will get you in competition shape pronto while keeping all your
size on. If you appear to be losing muscle, eat more protein!
By Big A
Books and Courses
Recipe Cook Books